Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fear of the Rain


What are you afraid of losing, my child?
Is it the loss of your youth, so fleeting and short?
The loss of your health, so subtle and frail?
The loss of your family, so close yet so far?
The loss of your money, position and pride?

It is none of these things,
Yet all that I fear.
I say they are nothing, but cling to them dear.
I hold them, I count them, I squeeze them so tight.
To lose them tomorrow would set me a-fright.

My child you should know this,
I’ve taught it before.
It bears repetition- it comes as a shock-yet it is true beyond doubt.
These things that you have, are gifts from above.
They come straight from heaven, they are given in love.
If you give these same gifts back to others this way,
 you return them to me in just the same way.
If you give them to me, and empty your life, you never can lose what I gave with my life.

When I give you the rain, it is not counted as cost.
It gives all to the earth and returns yet to me.
It falls without fear, it surges in hope, it rises and crests and pours out on the land.
My gospel is rain on the land of your heart.
Please give it away, so the healing may start.

No comments:

Post a Comment