Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dismas is a Prince


A prideful boy once asked the King, a favor to enjoy:

The King he listened to the lad, and asked for his true wish.

The boy said “I am a man with many needs and also wants and dreams. I ask to be a worldly man, more stellar than my king.”

The King he looked with sadness down, then gave the lad his wish:

He sent away the foolish boy, to be a foolish king.


A sweet young lass of noble birth, then said to the great King:

“Your Majesty, you see my gifts, you see my many things. I am a child of privilege; I deserve above the rest. Look after me, especially, make me a royal queen.”

The King he wept a solemn tear to see this child awry; He left her to another king, and granted her true wish.

A man of sickness and great sin, in chains, was drug into the court. His flesh was torn, his legs were broke. He bled upon the stones.

The wretch, he could not even lift his eyes, to see the Holy King, yet hoarsely still, he found his tongue and slowly did he speak:

“I am a broken thief, condemned to die, a sinner to my core, but once I met, on Calvary, a man who is my true King…and there he promised to remember me, into his kingdom come. I have no merits of my own and yet I Know Your Son. He was the perfect sacrifice; His blood for all my sins…Great Master, if it by thy will, I came to visit Him”.

The King in splendor’s sovereign grace, he took this beggar in. The Prince of Peace, He healed his wounds, and gently lifted him.

The Spirit of the Living God, rejoiced with all the host, and Dismas sang eternal hymns to Father, Son and Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment